My Blog List

Monday, June 29, 2015

Visitors to Jackson

Mom and Dad came to visit for a few days. It was great to see them, and great to show them around where I live these days. 

The first full day in town, we drove through Grand Teton National Park stopping to check out a few places. 
Jenny Lake
At the Jenny Lake parking area, we wandered up to the ranger cabin to look at some maps and talk to the rangers. A quick chat with the rangers verified what we had seen in some pictures my mom brought from 1972. My dad and some friends had come to Jackson and done a cross country ski trip many years ago. And while the ranger station building is the same, it has apparently been moved a few 100ft from its location back then.

One day I showed them where I work. Mom and I rode up the tram and walked around up top for a bit. Unfortunately dad was not feeling well, so he decided not to head up to 10,500ft with us.


Cody bowl in
Mom wanted to huck Corbet's Couloir, but I convinced her there just wasn't quite enough snow at this time of year.
On top of Corbet's
Mom, Bekki, and I hiked up to Goodwin Lake. Despite some jeep troubles on the way up the gravel road, we still got the hike in. It is quite a lake.   


























On the last day in Jackson, Dad got to go flying. They flew along the east side of the Tetons, across the pass, and along the west side of the Tetons. I think he had a good time. But I do not have any pictures from that day because I did not go with him.

It was a great trip, and I am really excited they came out for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment