My Blog List

Thursday, July 30, 2015

South Fork Horseshoe Canyon to Mahogany Creek

David and I drove over the pass to Victory Idaho to see what the riding was about over there. Some research the night before and a quick stop in Fitzgerald's to ask about rides had us headed for a loop in the Big Hole Mountains. We would park at the bottom of Mahogany Creek, ride some gravel to Horseshoe Canyon, climb the canyon, and descend Mahogany back to the car.

The gravel portion had me thinking back to my ride down the Great Divide Mountain Bike route last summer, and wishing I was out there again.
The Tetons, from the west
 Before heading up South Fork Horseshoe Canyon we rode some of the purpose built single track in the area; up Channel Lock and down Bovine.

 It was really good trail, and as a bonus, we ran unto our buddy Matt, who decided to join us for the rest of our ride.





It was a really good ride, and now I can't wait to get back into the Big Holes!

No comments:

Post a Comment